Re: fontname postfixes

> A small example of what I am talking about is ltxnews, which in
> one version at least come out using EC fonts.  The assumption
> being that everyone should have them >nd everyone should use them.

In this particular case there is no such assumption since there is
also a lwfonts version.

> Rather a lot of LaTeX stuff depends on PostScript,

There probably is a lot of good useful LaTeX stuff that makes use of
Postcript but there is even more that makes no such assumption; and
nothing in the kernel makes any such assumption.  So please do not
give people the impression.

chris