CM fonts updated?

Hi,

when reading the dante-FAQ  http://www.dante.de/faq/de-tex-faq/
I just discovered a notice about minor updates having been applied
to the CM fonts in august 1998.  Well, I cannot remember any
posting in CTAN-ANN...

According to the FAQ, the following notice should now be in all
.mf files:

% THIS IS THE OFFICIAL COMPUTER MODERN SOURCE FILE cmr10.mf BY D E KNUTH.
% IT MUST NOT BE MODIFIED IN ANY WAY UNLESS THE FILE NAME IS CHANGED!

I have then fetched the complete directory /tex-archive/fonts/cm/mf
from ftp.dante.de, only to see that all files were from 1995,
they were identical to what I had already, and none had the above line.

What's wrong here?

Thanks for any clue

Walter