Re: texinfo language command?

At 10:41 pm +0000 1/2/99, Walter Schmidt wrote:
>On Mon,  1 Feb 1999 18:21:00 +0000 (GMT), Chris Rowley wrote:
[snip]

>>>and they provide boldface and/or italic variants,
>>
>>Sounds strange: a sloped variant maybe
>
>It *is* just sloped, but Adobe calls it "italic".
>
>Neither boldface nor sloped is "official", but it isn't
>forbidden either.

I think you'll find that it is:

http://europa.eu.int/euro/html/entry.html

says, as I recall, that only the official symbol may be used, and it's got
to be in black or the official shade of blue.

>  Using the "regular" symbol within an
>italic and/or boldface environment would be too ugly.

Yep.  Such considerations are irrelevant to the idiots who came up with the
symbol.

[snip]

Rowland.