Re: texinfo language command?

>Is there any freely available font for TeX with the euro symbol, and/or
>other currency symbols such as yen, florin, etc etc?
>
>I noticed the eurofont package on ctan but it seems to only use Adobe's
>fonts.

RTFM, please[1]!  The eurofont package is quite happy using several other
euro symbols, including the Metafont eurosym version (the eurosym option
gets you this one), Marvosym's euro symbols (pass the marvosym option to
eurofont), and China2e's euro symbol (but you've got to RTFM to find out
how to use that one).  Not to mention the way it'll fake a euro using a C
and a pair of rules if you ask it to (the output from this fakery is the
best I've yet seen, but please don't look at the code that generates it
because that's not at all nice).

(sorry if I sound like I'm ranting, but I wouldn't have needed to write
quite that much code if I'd just wanted to support Adobe's Eurofonts, would
I?)

Maybe you're thinking of the eurosans package?

>I'm surprising myself that I don't know the answer :).

Dunno about other currency symbols, but there's the Text Companion founts
which have rather strange euro symbols, China2e, Marvosym, and eurosym; all
from CTAN.

Section 3 in the eurofont documentation will tell you about the options to
switch between Adobe's Eurofont euro symbols, the Marvosym euro symbols, or
the Eurosym version.

If you want to use the China2e euro symbol, add the name(s) of the fount
families you want to use that euro symbol to the \chinae list in the
eurofont.cfg file.  This is documented in section 4 of the eurofont
documentation.

"Walter Schmidt" <wschmi@ibm.net> wrote:

>AFAIK the eurofont package supports all known fonts with Euro symbols;
>a configuration file controls which one is to be used with a certain
>font family.

the idea of the eurofont package is that it will allow you to use *any*
euro symbol, known by me or not.  It's set up so that it's easiest to use
the ones I knew about when I wrote the package, but there's no reason why
you should use *any* euro symbol if you want to - draw your own and use an
included EPS graphic if you like; you're not even restricted to using euro
symbols from a fount.

btw, I uploaded a new version of eurofont the other day, which makes the
\EFeuro (and hence \euro) command robust.  This is a Good Thing, because
the original version broke in section headings and the like.

Rowland.
(who spend absolutely bloody ages writing the bloody documentation for the
bloody eurofont bloody package.  Bloody.  Bloody?  Yes, well, it's still
not good enough.)

[1]  The first thing the documentation tells you is that the package is
there to help you use a euro symbol *from any source* in any fount.
Section 1.1 gets a bit more specific.