Printing problem (Conflicting font name?)

Does anyone know if it is a known problem that printing on a PS printer
using one TeX implementation could cause errors if one later tries to print
with another?

The background to my question is an angry bug report (directed to just
about anyone in sight) one of the professors at our institution made
earlier today. According to him, he gets incorrect output (blank papers)
when using Textures to print a document on a printer if someone perviously
has printed anything on that printer using OzTeX (i.e., dvips).

Lars Hellström