Re: TrueType font naming scheme

At 8:24 am -0400 18/8/98, Berthold K.P. Horn wrote:
>Hi:
>
>If your TeX system makes it possible to use TTF fonts in on screen display
>then it should allow you to write out TFM files for them.  It has access to
>the metric information from the OS.
[snip]

So why tell me about it?  How about telling Andrew Treverrow he's written
OzTeX wrongly?  Could it be that OzTeX doesn't have access to this metric
information directly?  I for one have no idea how to use Truetype founts
with a Mac application; I suspect you're as ignorant about this as I am.
>From what little I recall from Mac programming, I think that Mac
applications do not usually go anywhere near metric information directly.

Rowland.