Re: fontname codes for variants (was: fontname code for scaled variant)

Thierry Bouche writes:
> ok now i understand what you want & get yet more puzzled: are you
> using latex & the nfss?
>
> If you simply want to systematically scale linearly one font family in
> a document, here is what i do: create a new FD file.
>
>  [... clever NFSS stuff deleted ...]

Ah ha. Well, you learn something new every day. ;o)  I seem to remember
thinking it could be done that way at some point, but I never followed
through on checking it out.

    Melissa.

P.S.
> BTW, with expert & MM fonts what do you prefer: optically scaled superiors
> or the expert ones? :-)

Choices choices. I went for the expert ones.