Re: fontname code for scaled variants

At 3:31 pm +0200 15/6/98, Thierry Bouche wrote:
[snip]
>Personnally, for very personnal undistributable metrics, i use
>uppercase letters.

That's fine for you, but not all OSs can use uppercase and lowercase
filenames, and even if you *can* use both cases, not all OSs distinguish
between them (the Mac OS filesystem is case insensitive, although you can
use both cases.  Don't ask me: I didn't design it.)

I mention this just in case anyone's considering this sort of thing as an
extension to `fontname'

Rowland.