Re: HELP!

Ali Gokce writes:
 > *Therefore, the asme2e class uses Postscript Type 1 fonts.
this does not actually mean anything. A class file does not load fonts
but font font metrics...

 >   Then i tried typesetting (just to see). It worked. However i got a lot
 > of substitution warning  messages like,
 >
 > ************
 > *LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape
 > *`OT1/ptm/m/n' undefined
one would have to see you whole log file to comment

 > typesetting afterwards i got a DVI document with green fonts and strange
 > characters. Typetter gave warnings like " /phv/ (/pzd?/ etc.) not found,
 > using /cmr/ instead. I searched files with cmr* and found a lot of
 > (apperantly font) files. Hence;
sounds like PCTeX32 does not grok this sort of stuff ..... have you
checked their manuals?

 > 2. When are type 1 fonts important, during typesetting or during
 > conversion to ps format by dvips ?
the latter

 > 3. Are there PC versions of dvips ?
certainly. Look at http://www.tug.org/interest.html for pointers to
free TeX implementations which include dvips. Personally, I recommend
looking at http://www.tug.org/texlive/, as that gives you a CD with a
complete modern Tex system set up for several platforms (including
win32), where your article will run straight off.

but then I am biased.

Sebastian