Re: Future of the `Karl Berry Font Naming Scheme'...

No, I don't think 9d, 9o, 9e, 9t, 9c, 8x, 8cx, 8xc, are easy to
remember and, locally, I don't depend on my elderly and failing
memory.  My local font names SPEAK to me in English, and I and
my colleagues find that to be very helpful.  I use symbolic links
and wonder how anyone survives in an environment which lacks
the blessings of the symbolic link.  But
I dutifully create ai least one symbolic link to a KB font name
so that I can speak to the outside world---the 200m installations
that Nelson Beebe has suggested still exist.

%=======================================================================%
|                             N O T I C E                               |
|  Please note the address and telephone number below.                  |
|  There is no Northwest Computing Support Center any longer.           |
Email:  mackay@cs.washington.edu		Pierre A. MacKay
Smail:  Department of Classics			Emeritus Druid for
	218 Denny Hall, Box 353110		Unix-flavored TeX
	University of Washington
	Seattle, WA 98195
	(206) 543-2268 (Message recorder)