Re: How to load lucida font to Latex?

 > I need to use lucida font, I go to  CTAN , look in
have you purchased them?

 > plcr.afm  plcr.tfm  plcr.vf
 >
 > (the adobe font metric, the tex font metric and the virtual font.
 >
 > so far so good. I made no mistakes so far, right?
correct

 > my understanding is that I need a font description file (.fd) generated
 > for this font? I tried the \newfont command, but dvips was not happy,
 > I tried the NFSS and \selectfont commands but Latex is not happy.
"not happy" is too vague a report of errors.....

 > Can someone tell me how to load a font into Latex if all one has is
 > these 3 files? what should I actually type in my document to do this?
 > Are there some package to do that?
if all you have is those 3 files, you dont have Lucida! you need to
purchase the Type1 font itself from Adobe

to be honest I (as the maintainer of much of the psnfss stuff on CTAN)
don't really any longer support Lucida.  I strongly recommend that you
use Lucida Bright instead, with Lucida New Math. You can purchase
these from Y&Y. Both CTAN and Y&Y's site have copies of the full-featured LaTeX
package to support  Lucida Bright/New Math properly.

sebastian