Re: MF ==> (PS type1)

fj> bkph> EURM contains only alphabetic characters.
fj> bkph> Ditto for EUSB, which is a bold Script face.
fj> bkph> So basically what you are saying is that you can replace the letters
fj> bkph> in the CM math fonts with letters from other fonts.
fj> bkph> Of course one can do this with any text font. Why single out Euler?
fj>
fj> I don't know the Type1 version of the Euler fonts.  But the MF version
fj> contains almost everything needed to make up a complete math setup --
fj> including digits, punctuation characters, plus, minus, division sign,
fj> \sum, \prod, delimiters, ...

I forgot the most important thing: greek letters, both lowercase and
uppercase.

EUSB is indeed a bold script font.  What I meant to refer to was
EUSM/EUSB (for the medium and bold script fonts).  This font (the MF
version of it at least) has a layout similar to CMSY, although some
characters are missing (\cdot, \times, and such).

It is slightly misleading to say that EURM contains only alphabetic
characters, since it contains all latin and greek letters in both
lowercase and uppercase versions.  In addition, it contains arabic
numerals, some punctuation characters, less than/greater than signs,
the `slash' and the \partial signs, \imath, \jmath.  The layout is
similar to CMMI.  Again, I can only talk about the MF version, since
that is the only version I know.

bkph> By the way, I still don't see the `contradiction' you alluded to :=).

You said that only EUEX was available in Type1 format, but the BSR and
Y&Y web sites say that also the other Euler fonts are available.  I
assumed that the Type1 versions of these fonts contained the same
glyphs as the MF versions, so I concluded that enough glyphs were
available to create the ``Euler look'' from the Concrete Mathematics
book using Type1 fonts only.

But if my assumptions about the Type1 versions of the Euler fonts are
incorrect, then my conclusion is also wrong.

/Frank