Re: MF ==> (PS type1)

   Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 17:01:21 +0100 (MET)
   From: Frank Jensen <fj@cs.auc.dk>
   CC: pflynn@curia.ucc.ie, metafont@ens.fr, tex-fonts@math.utah.edu

   bkph>    [math fonts]
   bkph>    >Sorry, that is just not so.  There are three choices right now,
   bkph>
   bkph>    Four if you include Euler as a separate font (see current issue of GUTenberg).
   bkph>
   bkph> Hmm, people keep on saying that, but there is no Euler math font set.
   bkph> Only EUEX.  You have to use it with basic CM math fonts.

   This is in direct contradiction to the information given at the BSR
   and Y&Y web sites.  So what is the truth?

Could you explain?  I do not know what the contradiction is?

Yes, the AMS font set exists in Type 1 format.  Yes, it includes Euler
fonts.  But you use it *with* CM fonts for basic math, it just
*extends* it.  I must have somehow missed the point....

   ---
   Frank Jensen,   fj@cs.auc.dk
   Department of Computer Science
   Aalborg University