Re: AFMs for Blue Sky CM/PS fonts...

    > It is hard to imagine how that could be unless your PL files are
    > also corrupted, since these AFM files have the wrong advance widths.

   ah yes, pardon me, it's the same `feature' of tftopl  & kpathsea: they
   were the same beacuse although I launched tftopl from another
   directory, always the metafont ones were disassembled.

   moreover, one should add some support in fontinst to take advantage of
   the fontdimens declared in the afms, and use installrawfont rather
   than too low-level conversion commands.

Not sure what you mean, but AFMtoTFM reads the extra Comments in the
AFM file to constuct all the missing dimensions  and other stuff
like extensible characters found in math fonts.  This is indeed a
good thing because it means you can make TFM files even for math fonts
>From AFM.

   They are slightly different indeed...
   but the bakoma ones are nonstandard (including commas...)

Berthold.