Re: Release: ec fonts version 1.0

J"org Knappen writes:
> There are now the stable ec fonts Version 1.0 available from the CTAN
> archives in directory

This is very nice to see, thank you J"org.

One issue for me, however, is that I'm not likely to switch over to the
ec fonts until they're freely available as PostScript Type 1 fonts rather
than having to use metafont generated bitmaps. Is Basil K. Malyshev still
participating in TeX font issues and prepared to run his miracle
conversion software on the ec fonts as he did for the cm and ams fonts
(and an earlier version of the dc fonts)?  It would be certainly be
excellent if this could happen.

Hoping someone knows...

    Melissa.