Re: TS1 encoding for PS fonts (and times.sty)

Sebastian wrote:
> Don't forget that a warning is only printed for characters you ask for.

Foolish me. The only test document I tried was the one that asked for all
of them, and I made the wrong assumptions about what would generate those
warnings.

If the warning only comes for glyphs you try to use that aren't there, then
everything's just fine and the warning is entirely valid, so I remove my
prior objections to them. I'd suggest instead that two test LaTeX files
be included in the distribution, one for those with expert sets and one
for those without. I've enclosed a revised version of test.tex with the
missing glyphs that cause warnings for non-expert users taken out.

One thing I don't quite understand though, is why some `missing' glyphs
seem to generate warnings, whereas others (e.g. \textfiveoldstyle) just
generate an empty space with no warning.

Regards,

    Melissa.

Enc.

%%
%% This isn't quite file `test.tex', generated
%% on <1995/10/15> with the docstrip utility (1.0)
%% and should thus be named something else.
%%
%% The original source files before editing were:
%%
%% textcomp.dtx  (with options: `test')
%% Copyright (C) 1995 Sebastian Rahtz. All rights reserved.
%% Permission is granted to to
%% customize the declarations in this file to serve the needs of your
%% installation. However, no permission is granted to distribute a
%% modified version of this file under its original name.
%%
\def\fileversion{1.0}
\def\filedate{1995/10/14}
\def\docdate {1995/10/14}
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{textcomp}
\usepackage{times}\fontfamily{ptm}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\begin{document}
\begin{tabular}{|ll|ll|}
\hline
textquotesinglbase & \textquotesinglbase & textquotedblbase & \textquotedblbase\\
textleftpointingarrow & \textleftpointingarrow & textdollar & \textdollar \\
textquotesingle & \textquotesingle & textfraction & \textfraction\\
textoneoldstyle & \textoneoldstyle & textthreeoldstyle & \textthreeoldstyle\\
textfiveoldstyle & \textfiveoldstyle & textsevenoldstyle & \textsevenoldstyle\\
textnineoldstyle & \textnineoldstyle & textgrave & \textgrave\\
textasciitilde & \textasciitilde & textquotedbl & \textquotedbl\\
textdagger & \textdagger & textdaggerdbl & \textdaggerdbl \\
textperthousand & \textperthousand & textbullet & \textbullet\\
textdollaroldstyle & \textdollaroldstyle & textflorin & \textflorin\\
textcolonmonetary & \textcolonmonetary & texttrademark & \texttrademark\\
textcent & \textcent & textsterling & \textsterling\\
textcurrency & \textcurrency & textyen & \textyen\\
textbrokenbar & \textbrokenbar & textsection & \textsection\\
textcopyright & \textcopyright & textordfeminine & \textordfeminine \\
textlogicalnot & \textlogicalnot & textregistered & \textregistered \\
textmacron & \textmacron & textdegree & \textdegree \\
textplusminus & \textplusminus & texttwosuperior & \texttwosuperior \\
textthreesuperior & \textthreesuperior & textacute & \textacute \\
textmu & \textmu & textparagraph & \textparagraph \\
textperiodcentered & \textperiodcentered & textonesuperior & \textonesuperior\\
textordmasculine & \textordmasculine & textonequarter & \textonequarter \\
textonehalf & \textonehalf & textthreequarters & \textthreequarters \\ textmultiply & \textmultiply & textdivide & \textdivide\\
\hline
\end{tabular}
\end{document}
\endinput