Re: A small addition to dvidoc, txt, or crudetype

This is a great idea.  I have often needed such output when
better printers have broken down.

Since Courier has been released for general use through the
X consortium, why not use Courier.  It is perhaps
the single most successful monospaced design available
to day.  The glyphs can be supplied as bitmaps. They don't have to
be in Type 1 format.  ps2pk will do a neat job of making
a sort of general bitmap  (not fitted to any specific printer,
but that doesn't matter too much with Courier).

If you want some Courier.???pk files, let me know.  I have
ps2pk pretty well tamed now.

Email concerned with UnixTeX distribution software should be sent primarily
to:	elisabet@u.washington.edu	        Elizabeth Tachikawa
otherwise to:  mackay@cs.washington.edu		Pierre A. MacKay
Smail:  Northwest Computing Support Center	Resident Druid for
	Thomson Hall, Mail Stop DR-10		Unix-flavored TeX
	University of Washington
	Seattle, WA 98195
	(206) 543-6259