Re: Fontinst modifications

Rebecca wrote:

> Erm.  Well, I suggest I do a quick modification of the source code
> for this version of the documentation, modify it so you don't need
> PS founts (maybe keeping the PS stuff as an option - the front page
> pikky is quite nice), add a few bits that seem useful (I was
> thinking of just cutting and pasting from the documentation I'm
> writing) and upload the result to CTAN.

I think it would be nice to put into some sort of `standard' format,
such as \documentclass{ltxguide}.  This would make it possible to use
the same markup for syntax describtions as in latex/base/fntguide.tex.
In addition, the NEWfeature and NEWdescription tags would be nice.

> I suggest this as the destination for the first version:
>
> fonts/psfonts/tools/finst/doc/

Hmm, I don't think it is a good idea to put all the stuff under tools,
I'd rather like to reuse

  fonts/utilities/fontinst/doc
	                  /inputs
	                  /source
                          /examples

and copy only the relevant files generated by docstrip to tools/finst.

> Sine Ulrik is interested in the documentation too, and given that
> I've already written quite a lot, I suspect it makes most sense for
> now for me to add bits and Ulrik send any modifications he thinks
> are sensible to me to include.

Agreed.  I'll look over it, and see what needs to be changed or added.

Cheers, Ulrik.