[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Behaviour of \latinfamily
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Behaviour of \latinfamily
- From: Ulrik Vieth <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 12:04:37 +0200
- CC: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com> (message from Rebeccaand Rowland on Fri, 29 May 1998 06:13:01 +0100)
>> Rebecca and Rowland writes:
>> > Righto (to an extent). What makes \installfamily record anything? That
>> > is, what commands make fontinst store a line to be placed in the fd file?
>> see these little creatures like
>> <->\csname typ-\orig_series\endcsname\space *~#2/\orig_series/#4
>> they write to the .fd file
> Right. But Thierry said that the \endinstallfonts command was the
> command that actually did the writing to the files concerned. This
> appears to be not the case.
I think the real story is that all \installfont or \installrawfont
commands, just append something to a token list, which is initialized
by \installfonts and evaluated by \endinstallfonts. Thus all the
writing to .fd files is defered until the very end of the job.
If you want to be pedantic, you'd have to say that \installfont puts
something on list, which is later transformed into an .fd file entry,
when the .fd file is written out.