[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Behaviour of \latinfamily
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Behaviour of \latinfamily
- From: Ulrik Vieth <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 11:30:45 +0200
- CC: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com> (message from Rebeccaand Rowland on Thu, 28 May 1998 00:00:13 +0100)
> One question: this command \raw_encoding. It appears to be set to
> 8r, but the raw encoding of the average `foreign' fount you install
> for use with (La)TeX is 8a. 8r is called the TeXBase1 encoding.
> Can anyone explain the discrepancy?
I can't explain why, but fontinst.sty always uses \raw_encoding for 8r
and \adobe_encoding for 8a. Just accept it as such and don't bother
trying to understand it.