[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: bug in fontinst 1.801: duplicated kernings (was: ae fonts Q)
- To: "Lars Hellström" <Lars.Hellstrom@math.umu.se>
- Subject: Re: bug in fontinst 1.801: duplicated kernings (was: ae fonts Q)
- From: Alan Jeffrey <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 15:12:11 -0500
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organization: DePaul University
- Sender: email@example.com
Lars Hellström wrote:
> The basic idea behind my fix is to change the routines under \etxtovpl that
> writes kerning and ligature instructions to the VPL file so that they write
> at most one kerning or ligature instruction for each pair of characters,
> namely the one which would end up first in the VPL file.
This seems like a reasonable solution, although it means we can only
have \setkern, not \resetkern. I think we can live with that.
The space/time efficiency sounds good! Much better than I'd expected.