[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: unneeded etx files
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: unneeded etx files
- From: Ulrik Vieth <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 11:25:04 +0100
- CC: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com> (message from Vladimir Volovich on 11Nov 1998 01:26:41 +0300)
> i wonder, why files such as t1i.etx and t1ij.etx exist? their functions
> are identical to t1.etx and t1j.etx, so there is no need to create such
> files in the first place (they are needed only for OT1).
> Best regards, -- Vladimir.
They are needed due to the magic of \latinfamily. A distinction between
ot1[j].etx and ot1i[j].etx is needed due to slightly different encodings,
so fontinst always has to use different etx files for normal and italic.
Due to technical reasons, a similar distinction is then also needed for
t1[j].etx and t1i[j].etx even though the file contents is the same.