[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: kerning in slanted/unslanted founts
- To: Vladimir Volovich <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: kerning in slanted/unslanted founts
- From: Alan Jeffrey <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 14:52:53 -0600
- CC: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organization: DePaul University
- Sender: email@example.com
I'm not sure why the kern values should change when you slant a font,
since horizontal displacement is invariant under slant transforms. The
italic correction I can understand (although trying to guess the italic
correction for a glyph based on just bounding box infor is impossible).
But I don't see why kern info should change.