Re: fontinst-1.8

> um, fontinst.sty is empty at present. should it say \input
> xfontinst.sty or \input ofontinst.sty?

Well, fontinst.sty was supposed to be a symbolic link pointing to
ofontinst.sty, but that doesn't seem to work on non-Unix platforms
and becomes an empty file somehow.  I realize that this was a bad
idea, so I went back to generating fontinst.sty and xfntinst.sty
directly from fontinst.dtx (forget about ofontinst.sty).

The xfntinst stuff is only intended for non-standard expert fonts
such as the URW/Softmaker fonts, in which case the only way to get
oldstyle digits is from a real small caps font.

I was just about to put out a new release of fontinst-1.8 anyway,
including two versions of mathptm and mathptmx.

Should I upload the stuff to UK CTAN or do you want to fetch it
from here?  In any case, I think it's time now to replace Alan's
really old version.

Cheers, Ulrik.