No Subject

Hello,

Something goes wrong with my installation of the Adobe Sabon fonts.
The
OSF are not created, that is the result via
\renewcommand{\rmdefault}{psbx} gives no
problem but \renewcommand{\rmdefault}{psbj} leaves out the OSF and
dvips gives e.g. `Warning: missing glyph `zerooldstyle' (while
LaTeX is not complaining at all :-)). The
postscript-file shows black boxes instead of OSF. This already
probably goes wrong during the installation: I included the file
(newfont.log). I did the following:

First I renamed the fonts to:

psbb8a
psbbi8a
psbbij8a
psbbj8a
psbr8a
psbrc8a
psbri8a
psbrij8a

Then I TeXed:

\input fontinst.sty
\latinfamily{psbx}{}
\latinfamily{psbj}{}
\bye

and did PLTOTF and VPTOVF. Moved the tfm, vf, fd and pfb
files to directories in the local tex tree. I created the
following which I added to the psfonts.map in the \dvips\config
directory:

psbb8r Sabon-Bold "TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont " <8r.enc
<psbb8a.pfb
psbbi8r Sabon-BoldItalic "TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont " <8r.enc
<psbbi8a.pfb
psbbo8r Sabon-Bold " .167 SlantFont TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont "
<8r.enc <psbb8a.pfb
psbr8r Sabon-Roman "TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont " <8r.enc
<psbr8a.pfb
psbri8r Sabon-Italic "TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont " <8r.enc
<psbri8a.pfb
psbro8r Sabon-Roman " .167 SlantFont TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont
" <8r.enc <psbr8a.pfb
psbrc8r Sabon-RomanSC "TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont " <8r.enc
<psbrc8a.pfb
psbrij8r Sabon-ItalicOsF "TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont " <8r.enc
<psbrij8a.pfb
psbbj8r Sabon-BoldOsF "TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont " <8r.enc
<psbbj8a.pfb
psbbij8r Sabon-BoldItalicOsF "TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont "
<8r.enc <psbbij8a.pfb

I then rebuild the ls-R filenames databases. I am using TeXLive5
under Windows
98.

I used the following test-file:

\documentclass[10pt]{article}
\renewcommand{\bfdefault}{b}
\renewcommand{\rmdefault}{psbj}

\begin{document}
Dit is een test! \textsc{Test} 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 fiets f{}i ff
f{}f fl f{}l ffi ffl
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
1234567890 ,.?;: `` ` ' ''!
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

\textit{
Dit is een test! \textsc{Test} 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 fiets f{}i ff
f{}f fl f{}l ffi ffl
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
1234567890 ,.?;: `` ` ' ''!
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
}

\textbf{
Dit is een test! \textsc{Test} 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 fiets f{}i ff
f{}f fl f{}l ffi ffl
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
1234567890 ,.?;: `` ` ' ''!
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
}

\textit{\textbf{
Dit is een test! \textsc{Test} 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 fiets f{}i ff
f{}f fl f{}l ffi ffl
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
1234567890 ,.?;: `` ` ' ''!
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
}}
\end{document}

Maybe someone knows what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Bastiën

newfont.log